Email Address (for correspondence):
Email Address for Google Drive (if different):
Preferred Phone Number:
WhatsApp (if outside the U.S.):
Have You Taken AP Lang in School?
ACT, SAT, or PSAT?
Are you given extended time? If so, how much?
Home Address (if different):
Preferred Phone Number:
WhatsApp (if outside the US):
Who Referred You?
Checklist For Getting Started
Parent or Student:
- Submit Student Information Form online.
- Accept emailed request to share the Google Docs folder.
- o Click "Add to Drive."
- Skype details
- o Update your Skype to the latest version.
- o Accept request to connect on Skype.
- o Make sure you are able to communicate on a video call.
- o Handwrite and scan the first writing assignment.
- o Type your essay (turn autocorrect off and leave the errors).
- o Upload both versions to Google Docs at least 24 hour prior to the scheduled appointment.
- - If you have difficulty with the upload, email them to info@WritingCoachesofAmerica.com
If an essay is assigned, the student needs to complete it as instructed and submit it electronically at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled session. For non-essay homework, the student is expected to complete the work prior to the session; this does not need to be turned in beforehand.
For optimal results, the student needs to do his or her part and complete the assignments.
©Writing Coaches of America 2017
The reproduction or copying of these materials without Writing Coaches of America’s express written consent is strictly prohibited.
Appointment Scheduling, Cancellation and Rescheduling
Appointment times are confirmed when full payment is received. Payment is non-refundable. In general, appointments are not rescheduled, but accommodation for change is attempted with at least 24-hour notice.
Appointment No-Show and Late Arrival Policy
Sessions begin and end on time. This is necessary as sessions may be closely scheduled; we respect every student’s appointment.
To Avoid Challenges in the Sessions
- Update to the latest version of Skype before starting the coaching. Verify that the microphone and camera are working properly.
- Keep the computer and phone chargers nearby, just in case.
- Select an appropriate location for sessions—free from distractions and equipped with a reliable internet connection (preferably with an Ethernet cord for maximum speed).
Coaching sessions may be observed or recorded for quality assurance.
We look forward to working with you!
Writing Coaches of America